Thursday, November 21, 2013

Fishing Report

November 21, 2013

We have our winter inventory out now and just have to get a few spears in the store yet.  We got our decoys in this week from Duey's Decoys and Lake Superior Decoys.  Froggy even got a few ice saws from Finland.  He is anxious to try one out and has been busy getting his rental houses ready to go.

I had a couple guys in this afternoon getting minnows to head up to Red Lake this weekend.  I suggested that they make sure and wear their life jackets.  It is better to be safe then sorry.  Midge Lake has been frozen over for a couple of days now.  With the cold weather coming this weekend, the bays should start to ice over on the bigger lakes, provided that the wind doesn't blow 20 miles an hour.  Everyone is getting anxious.

It's time for me to get out my old "snuggies".  It takes a while to get used to the cold weather.  The Old Toad laughes at me, but on really cold nights, I even put on my stocking hat, when I go to bed.  It really does help keep you warm.

We are looking forward to seeing the fishermen and the ice houses coming back up in the area.  Stay safe and stay warm!

Stop by when your in the area.

Good fishing!

Froggy and the gang