Saturday, January 4, 2014

Fishing Report

January 4, 2014

I suppose you have heard the weather report.  It has been so cold and now sounds like it will be even colder the next couple of days.  Schools are going to be close state wide on Monday, because of the cold weather. 

Froggy has a group of guys up for this weekend and has been busy getting houses opened and filling up more propane for heat.  I will try to touch base with him tonight to see how the fishing has been today. 

The Old Toad and I are trying to keep things going at the store.  I have been spending time sitting by the stove, where it is nice and warm.  It reminds me of when we were kids and used to get dressed by the oil burner stove in the morning.

Guys are starting to drive out on some of the lakes, but CAUTION should be used!  There is still those slushy spots.  I would definitely check out the area before you attempt to drive out there.  It is just amazing how the snow insulates that ice, even with all this extreme cold weather we are having.

Everyone be safe and keep warm.  Those old snuggies really feel good in this Minnesota weather!

Good fishing!

Froggy and the gang